At the upcoming Caitlin’s Smiles Family Day, held from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. on October 6, community members will have the opportunity to decorate craft kits, which are delivered to children in hospitals nationwide. To attend Family Day, held at Caitlin’s Smiles offices at 3303 North Sixth Street, Harrisburg, Pa., all attendees must preregister by calling 717-412-4759.
Additionally, community members can attend the Saturday Smiles events at local stores throughout Central PA and decorate cards for sick children to help give them laughter, hope and smiles. This year, the following Saturday Smiles events will be held at:
- Boscov’s at the Lebanon Valley Mall, Lebanon, on Saturday, October 13, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Macy’s at the Harrisburg Mall, Harrisburg, on Saturday, October 13, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Boscov’s at Park City Center, Lancaster, on Saturday, October 20, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Kids Games at Apple Festival at New Hope Church, Harrisburg, on Saturday, October 20, from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Boscov’s at the Colonial Park Mall, Harrisburg, on Saturday, October 27, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Boscov’s at the Camp Hill Shopping Mall, Camp Hill, on Saturday, October 27, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Community members can also attend the Saturday Smiles events in order to make monetary donations or to donate cans of Play-Doh to help fill “Bags of Smiles,” which are arts and crafts bags provided to children in hospitals. It will take roughly 15,000 containers of Play-Doh to fill the Bags of Smiles this year alone, so every container that’s donated is an important contribution.